How To Best Get Rid Of Boat Oxidation and Discoloration
Riptide Liquid Compound from Hula Boat Care Products easily removes oxidation and defects from boat gel coats. Watch this demonstration video provided by Hula Boat Care. This video outlines the entire gel coat oxidation and defect removal process. Watch as we go step-by-step for perfect results.
Example Submitted By Recent Customer
Steps to Remove Boat Oxidation, Minor Blemishes, and Discoloration
- Apply Riptide Liquid Compound to gel coat surface with a wool pad and a rotary polisher set at 1500 to 1800 rpm
- Apply medium pressure for the first 2 to 3 passes to allow the abrasives to cut effectively then reduce the pressure allowing the product to polish the surface.
- Work a 2’ x 2’ section at a time and inspect area for desired results before moving to the next section.
- Follow with Hang Ten Cleaner Wax to remove any swirls and achieve maximum gloss.
- Optional step would be to preserve the finish with a coat of Big Kahuna Polymer Sealant